At the instance of the Executive Governor, Samuel Ortom, a three day retreat was organized for newly appointed executive council members viz: Hon Commissioners, Special Advisers, Permanent Secretaries and Local Government Caretaker Chairmen from Wednesday 22nd to Friday 24th July, 2015.
Presentations were made by the more than twenty five resource persons across various areas and topics.
These included the following dignitaries:
- Senator (Dr.) George Akume
2. Senator (Chief) Barnabas Gemade
3. Arc. Bishop Yiman Orkwar
4. Rev. Dr. Ayohol Ate
5. Rev. Tor Uja
6. Rev. Prof. Timothy Gyuse
7. Bishop William Avenya
8. Mr. Manz Denga
9. Barr. Rommy Mom
10. Lady Lucy Ato
11. Barr. Moses Atagher
12. Mr. Adaikwu Inwata
13. Dr. Son Gyoh
14. Barr. Targema Takema
15. Asen Kwaghar
16. Prof. Yakubu Ochefu
17. Mr. Akin Oke
18. Mr. Dan Ashiekaa
19. Hon. Terwase Orbunde
20. Dr. I.I Viashima
21. Awuese Torhee
22. Mrs. Margaret Iorember
23. Leva Moses Tor
24. Prof. Orkurga Malu
25. Mr. Terna Abuul
26. Gov. Ortom delivered a keynote address and his deputy, Engr. Benson Abuonu made the closing remark.
The following resolutions were made.
a) The Governor was commended for coming up with the idea of the retreat to bring the participants up to date with their offices and responsibility most of all, holding the retreat within the confines of the Benue People’s House as a means of cutting the cost of doing government business.
- b) Participants expressed the wish that such retreats be held at regular intervals preferably on a quarterly basis.
- c) Participants resolved to align themselves with and work in accordance with the blueprint of the administration which is “Our Collective Vision for a New Benue” especially in the implementation of the five-point agenda of the administration.
The agenda is as follows:
1. Good governance and revenue security.
2. Agriculture-driven industrialization.
3. Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM)- based education and Health services.
4. Investment in critical infrastructure.
5. Gender, Women, Youth, Sports and people with disabilities.
- d) It was resolved that the code of ethics of the administration which is anchored on the fear of God will be the entrenchment of core values including transparency, accountability, justice, fairness, selﬂessness, humility, discipline, forgiveness, reconciliation, integrity, peace and unity.
- e) That all appointees in the administration have resolved to abide by the rule of law and due process in service delivery.
- f) Participants agreed that international best practices as well as the latest media and ICT tools will be deployed in delivering democracy dividends.
- g) That all appointees will work as a team and in synergy with one another and in partnership with the legislative and judicial arms of government to deliver on set goals.
In God We Trust.
1. Professor Dennis Ityavyar, Hon. Commissioner
2. Adaikwu Inwata, Head of Service
3. Tahav Agerzua, Hon Special Adv1ser
4. Hon Sam Aga, ALGON Chairman
Shortcode to share posts: https://wp.me/p57neq-X0
Facebook: #OrtomSamuel; Twitter: @OrtomSamuel,
#Benue #ChangeIsHere #NewBenue #InGodWeTrust