<<< By Terver Akase >>>
Benue stakeholders last night interacted with Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo at the Benue Peoples House, Makurdi.
SNIPPETS (from the speeches):
1. Chief Mike Aondoakaa: “Your Excellency, We believe that your visit can bring justice to our people.”
2. Retired General Atom Kpera: “Mr Vice President, our people feel left alone. They deserve to be protected.”
3. General Lawrence Onoja: “We urge the Federal Government to establish a Middle-Belt Reconstruction Commission.”
4. Bishop Williams Avenya: “Let there be justice for Benue State before reconciliation.”
5. Professor Jerry Agada: “Benue needs federal presence especially in education and infrastructure.”
6. Dr Magdalyne Dura: “Your Excellency, what is taking place in Benue is a well organised genocide. Our people in camps have no homes to return to. The blood of murdered Benue children is crying for justice.”
7. Professor Daniel Saror: “Cattle don’t eat meat or burnt houses, so why do herdsmen destroy such property? FG should find an urgent way to end the killings.”
8. Hon. Hassan Saleh: “Benue has made a law for peace to reign. What we are seeking is for the Federal Government to support the ranching law of Benue State.”
9. Tor Tiv, Professor James Ayatse: “Your Excellency, we are hopeful that something will be done urgently to end the killings and destruction. We expect sincerity in the current efforts to stop the crisis. On ranching we stand.”
* Still to come…Governor Samuel Ortom’s address and Vice President Osinbajo’s response to the issues raised by the people.