<<< By Terver Akase >>>
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom today went on inspection of the Schools of Nursing and Midwifery, Makurdi ahead of the accreditation visit of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. The Governor who was impressed with the progress of work in the two health institutions, spoke to journalists during the inspection.
Below are highpoints of his speech:
* He said the School of Nursing will be upgraded to a degree awarding institution
* Was satisfied with the level of work preparatory to the accreditation. He said 95% of work had been completed and gave assurance that more will be done.
“I am happy to see that our promise to revive the Schools of Nursing and Midwifery is being fulfilled. You can see that the two schools are ready for accreditation”, the Governor stated.
* Directed that all casual staff of the two schools be given letters of permanent appointment
* The State Government will ensure that facilities provided in the Schools of Nursing and Midwifery are maintained
* Expressed the commitment of his administration to providing the health needs of the people. He said training of health personnel will remain a priority of the present administration.