The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, yesterday announced the names of 13 special advisers bringing their number to 15 as approved by the House of Assembly.
He had earlier sworn in two at separate ceremonies.
The Governor who made the announcement at a meeting with his strategy committee at the new Banquet Hall of the Benue Peoples House also fixed Tuesday, 21st July, 2015 for the swearing in ceremony of the advisers and 13 commissioner nominees cleared by the assembly.
Time is 11am at the IBB Square in Makurdi.
He announced that to save costs he had reduced ministries from 17 to 13 and advisers from 28 to 15.
The names of the ministries and nomenclatures of the advisers were also unveiled at the meeting.
Details are as follows:
1. Rev. Joe Ogezi – Ado
2. Alhaji Isah Usman – Agatu
3. Hon. Dr. Adzer Abya – Buruku
4. Hon. Dr. Bem Melladu – Gboko
5. Dr. (Mrs) Magdalene Dura Guma
6. Hon. Titus Zam – Gwer West
7. Tsenongo Abancha – Katsina-Ala
8. Sarwuan Tarnongo – Konshisha
9. Moses Odu – Ogbadibo
10. Barr. Patricia Kupchi – Oju
11. Godwin Idoko – Okpokwu
12. Dr. Augustine Idoga – Otukpo
13. Arc. Joe Ikyaagba – Vandeikya
Advisers earlier sworn in:
14 Edwin Jando – Ukum
15 Tahav Agerzua – Ushongo
NOMENCLATURE OF ADVISERS:
2. Economic Investment
4. Legislative and Inter-governmental Affairs
5. Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs
6. Research, Strategy, Monitoring, and Evaluation
7. MDGs and NEPAD
8. Rural Development
9. Employment and Labour Matters
10. SMEs and Agro-financing
11. Media and ICT
13. Religion and Civil Society Organizations
14. Agro Business
15. Special Duties.
3. Planning and Economic Development
4. Health and Human Services
5. Education, Science and Technology
6. Agriculture and Natural Resources
7. Industry, Trade and Investment
9. Information and Orientation
10. Women Affairs and Social Development
11. Youth Development and Sports
12. Arts, Culture and Tourism
13. Water Resources and Environment
CLEARED COMMISSIONER NOMINEES:
1. Barrister Micheal Gusa, Gwer
2. Professor Dennis Ityavyar, Vandeikya
3. Dr Tersoo Kpelai, Ukum
4. Mr James Anbua, Logo
5. Engr Nicholas Wende, Kwande
6. Barrister Mrs Mwuese Mnyim, Makurdi
7. Engr Emmanuel Manger, Tarka
8. Hon Sekav Iortyom, Buruku
9. Barrister John Otokpa Onoja, Ado
10. Dr Mrs Cecilia Ojobo, Okpokwu
11. Lawrence Ekpo Onoja Jnr, Ohimini
12. Mr David Olofu, Apa
13. Mr Ode Agih, Obi.
Media & ICT.
Shortcode to share posts: https://wp.me/p57neq-UJ
Facebook: #OrtomSamuel; Twitter: @OrtomSamuel,